Senior Research Policy Adviser
Senior Research Policy Adviser
“An inspiring and strategic connector who can strengthen and raise the international profile of the University of Twente’s research.”
- Client: University of Twente
- Location: Enschede
- Working hours: full time (38 hours per week)
Leeuwendaal is looking for a Senior Research Policy Adviser
Working at the University of Twente (UT) means being part of a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people who offer students, scientists and teachers from all over the world the best possible learning, working and living environment. With its motto High Tech Human Touch, the UT is a pioneer in connecting technology, science and engineering with social science to make a difference in the world around us.
In addition to the vacancies of Head of Internationalisation Strategy and Medior Policy Officer Quality Assurance Education, we are looking for a Senior Research Policy Advisor for the Research and Knowledge Transfer (RKT) cluster.
The RKT cluster is an important intermediary at our university when it comes to important developments in research. It advises the executive board and the faculties and develops policy and strategy. The cluster supervises and implements projects and maintains contacts and networks with key stakeholders in The Hague and Brussels, and with other knowledge institutions.
Do you have a natural talent for building and maintaining relationships with knowledge institutions, research networks, governments and public and private partners? And would you be motivated to contribute to improved research at the UT? Then read on, we are happy to give you more information.
What does the University of Twente offer?
- The chance to work at the most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands! The UT acts as a catalyst in high-tech communities and sectors and has strong ties with various industries and social sectors. This is your chance to participate in ground-breaking global networks and research programs. With an active network consisting of more than 45,000 alumni around the world!
- A warm welcome within the RKT cluster, consisting of the cluster head and 3 colleagues. They will be happy with your arrival because you will play a major role in the ‘Shaping 2030’ strategic plan, which as an ambition: to build a substantially new type of university.
- An exciting and broad role, in which you will be given the room to use the full breadth of your professional knowledge to make a substantial contribution to UT’s research policy. You will have the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to people's well-being.
- A position within a content-driven and financially sound organization, which is among the world leaders in many fields. In the ‘Higher Education Keuzegids’ (the official Dutch guide that ranks universities), the UT is rising year after year.
- A gross monthly salary of a maximum of € 6,133 per month for a 38-hour working week (with a minimum of 32), depending on your background and relevant experience. This salary is according to scale 12/13 of the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. The UT offers you a two-year contract with the option of a permanent appointment.
- In addition, the UT offers excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%. S&P invests a lot in training and coaching.
- An extremely pleasant working environment thanks to the cosy American-style campus and a beautiful wooded area. The campus is a "smart living lab" where people and technology bring out the best in each other. Here you will find fantastic research facilities, such as a world-renowned Nano lab, the TechMed Centre, supersonic wind tunnels and our revolutionary DesignLab.
- Great campus facilities for the use of employees. In the middle of the woods: shops, restaurants (theatre, cafés, restaurants, Subway and Starbucks Coffee), concert halls, a hotel, and many sports facilities.
About University of Twente
Since its foundation in 1961, the UT has been addressing economic and social issues through pioneering combinations of technical and social sciences.
The mission of the UT is to strengthen society through sustainable solutions. The UT chooses to be the ultimate People-first University of Technology. It uses pioneering scientific knowledge and technologies and integrates different perspectives and disciplines. Approximately 3150 people work at the UT.
One of the supporting services of the UT is the Strategy & Policy (S&P) department. At the UT, S&P coordinates the formulation, shaping, monitoring and adjustment of the strategy. With 27 colleagues, S&P focuses on improving education, research & valorisation and internationalisation. S&P is in important intermediary between the executive board, faculties and scientific institutes. It maintains intensive contacts with other universities, colleges and other key stakeholders.
What will you do as a Senior Research Policy Adviser?
You are a hands-on adviser who can make an impact. You have a crucial role in building and maintaining relationships with our faculties, but also with research funders and ministries. You also represent the University of Twente during meetings with national and international knowledge institutes, the European Commission or Dutch ministries. Because of your social skills and analytical capacities you are able to switch quickly between strategic discussions with the CvB and the faculties at one moment, and realising improvements close to the primary process at the next. In this way, you contribute to the positioning and positive impact of the UT with respect to health, well-being and the co-existence of people regionally, nationally and internationally.
Who are you and what do you bring?
We are looking for someone who can bring change and set things in motion. But also someone who is a strategic and connecting thinker and doer. Someone who is not afraid of intellectual challenges, who can make issues concrete and manageable, and who can convince stakeholders at the university. You act as an experienced discussion partner who can convey his / her vision clearly and convincingly.
With your experience and knowledge of national science and innovation policy, you are fully able to engage with our executive board, the management team of faculties and institutes and research. You can communicate in a goal-oriented, clear and inspiring way and you can gain and maintain support from key stakeholders all the way from the initial idea to the final result. You are a conceptual thinker who links his/her ideas to executive power!
You are an energetic and enthusiastic team player. You are also curious and do not hesitate to go beyond existing frameworks. Asking difficult questions is certainly appreciated. You know how to make connections and realize cooperation between different stakeholders, both within your team and with external parties, by using your ability to persuasively communicate your vision.
More information and contact details
You can read much more information about the UT, the S&P management, the RKT cluster and the position in the extensive position profile. You can download the English version here. If you prefer to read in Dutch, download the Dutch version of the job profile here.
If you want to read more about the organization, check the University of Twente website.
For substantive questions about the position, you can contact the Recruitment & search Birgitte de Keijzer or Marcel ten Berge advisors. For questions about the procedure, you can contact Olivia Lindner or Helga van Leeuwen, executive searchers. They can all be reached via the number (+3188) 0086800.
We are very curious about your application and motivation to work at the University of Twente!
To apply, click on the application button and follow the steps as indicated. During the process, you will be asked for your e-mail address, personal data, CV and a letter of motivation (in English). An assessment is part of the procedure, references will be collected and a pre-employment / integrity investigation will be conducted.
We would like to receive your response by 21 October 2019 at the latest. Due to the careful search for the very best candidate, there is a long response period. However, we do kindly request you to respond as quickly as possible via the application button.
Over de organisatie
Leeuwendaal begrijpt wat mensen nodig hebben om tot volle bloei te komen in hun werk. En we begrijpen wat organisaties nodig hebben om hun maatschappelijke opdracht te vervullen. De werkende mens fascineert ons. Vanuit die fascinatie ontwikkelen we de beste oplossingen op het vlak van personeel en organisatie. En we ontwikkelen niet alleen, maar we zorgen er vooral ook voor dat die oplossingen werken in de praktijk.meer over Leeuwendaal
Oude Middenweg 11
2491 AC Den Haag
Senior Beleidsmedewerker Kwaliteit Openbaar Bestuur
- 7 d geleden
- 30+ d geleden
Projectleider Civiel-technisch - 36 uur
- 8 d geleden
- 30+ d geleden