Head of Internationalisation Strategy
Head of Internationalisation Strategy
‘International networker who, with vision, persuasiveness strategic insight and the capacity to connect, makes thinking and acting globally second nature within the University of Twente.’
· Client: University of Twente
· Location: Enschede
· Working hours: full time (38 hours per week)
Leeuwendaal is looking for a Head of Internationalisation Strategy for the University of Twente
Working at the University of Twente (UT) means being part of a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people who offer students, scientists and teachers from all over the world the best possible learning, working and living environment. With its motto High Tech Human Touch, the UT is a pioneer in connecting technology, science and engineering with social science to make a difference in the world around us.
In addition to the vacancies of Medior Policy Officer Education and Senior Research Policy Advisor, we are looking for a Head of Internationalisation Strategy for the Cluster Internationalisation Strategy.
The UT operates in an international arena and develops knowledge in collaboration with international partners in an international context. Are you ready to step into this fascinating environment with a strong focus on internationalisation and innovation? With your personality, network, vision, input and drive, do you want to be the figurehead for positioning the internationalisation of the UT, internally and on the academic world stage in the field of education and research? Then read on, we are happy to give you more information.
What does the University of Twente offer?
- The chance to work at the most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands! The UT acts as a catalyst in high-tech communities and sectors and has strong ties with various industries and social sectors. This is your chance to participate in ground-breaking global networks and research programs. With an active network of more than 45,000 alumni over the whole world!
- The opportunity to pioneer in an international environment where you will have every opportunity to further shape the form and content of your role.
- Lead a team of 5 people that combines a can-do mentality with thought leadership in the field of internationalisation. You will receive plenty of room to experiment, collaborate, achieve results and develop broadly as a professionally.
- A position with a content-driven and financially sound organization, which is among the world leaders in many fields. Eight programs from the UT received the title of ‘top education’ in the ‘Keuzegids Universiteiten’ (the Dutch official guide that ranks universities).
- A gross monthly salary of a maximum of € 6133 per month for a 38-hour working week (with a minimum of 32 hours per week), depending on your background and relevant experience. This salary is according to scale 13 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. The UT offers you a contract for a year with the option of a permanent appointment.
- In addition, the UT offers excellent facilities for both professional and personal development, a holiday allowance of 8% of your gross annual income and a year-end bonus of 8.3%. S&P invests a lot in training and coaching.
- An extremely pleasant working environment thanks to the cosy American-style campus and a beautiful wooded area. The campus is a "smart living lab" where people and technology bring out the best in each other. Here you will find fantastic research facilities, such as a world-renowned Nano lab, the TechMed Centre, supersonic wind tunnels and our revolutionary DesignLab.
- Great campus facilities for the use of employees. In the middle of the woods: shops, restaurants (theatre, cafés, restaurants, Subway and Starbucks Coffee), concert halls, a hotel, and many sports facilities.
About the University of Twente
Since its foundation in 1961, the UT has been addressing economic and social issues through pioneering combinations of technical and social science. The mission of the UT is to strengthen society through sustainable solutions. The UT chooses to be the ultimate People-first University of Technology. It uses pioneering scientific knowledge and technologies and integrates different perspectives and disciplines. Approximately 3150 people work at the UT.
One of the supporting services of the UT is the Strategy & Policy (S&P) department. At the UT, S&P coordinates the formulation, shaping, monitoring and adjustment of the strategy. With 27 colleagues, S&P focuses on improving education, research & valorisation and internationalisation. S&P is an important intermediary between the executive board, faculties and scientific institutes. Furthermore, it maintains intensive contacts with other universities, colleges and other stakeholders.
The assignment for the Head of Internationalisation Strategy
As Head of Internationalisation Strategy you lead the cluster and together with the director and three other managers you form the S&P directorate’s management team. Great challenges await the new Head. You contribute to the ambitious ‘Shaping 2030’ strategy, in which the further development of the relationships between the UT and the region, Europe and the world are important aspects. Under your direction, the UT will work on it’s next, more qualitative, phase of growth.
You ensure that the UT attracts the right people from all over the world. This includes answering questions such as: how does the UT find an optimal ROI of internationalisation for Dutch society and the region? How does internationalisation become something that suits everyone, benefits everyone and becomes a widely supported and more "ongoing process" at the UT? You are fully engaged in building and maintaining relationships with international financiers, the business community and (inter)national knowledge institutes. In addition, you act as a true connector by bringing parties together within the UT and by getting to know the usefulness, necessity, concrete objectives and desired results of internationalisation.
Who are you and what do you bring?
For this ambitious assignment, we are looking for an energetic entrepreneurial manager who will further strengthen international strategic thinking and action with ideas, motivation, courage and energy and who is able to profile the UT as a leading institution in the field of internationalisation.
You are decisive, robust and you dare to make choices. You see where opportunities lie and how to cash in on them in order to achieve results. You are accessible, a true liaison and networker and you feel like a fish in the water in the position of discussion and sparring partner for the various parties you interact with, such as the Executive Board, deans, faculties, researchers and external stakeholders.
It is essential that you have a well-developed political-administrative antenna and that you can deal with international cultural differences. International work experience, particularly in the context of the European Union, would be an advantage.
Knowledge of education, research, valorisation and internationalisation is important for the performance of this function. In addition, you are a good coach for your team, you act as primus inter pares and you recognize and utilize the talents of your people.
With your management experience and innovative ideas and vision on internationalisation issues, you will be very welcome to come and strengthen the MT of the S&P management!
More information and contact details
You can read much more information about the UT, the S&P department, the Internationalisation cluster and the position of Head of Internationalisation Strategy in the extensive job profile. You can download the English version here. If you prefer to read in Dutch, download the Dutch version of the job profile here.
If you want to read more about the organisation, please do not hesitate to check the University of Twente Website.
For substantive questions about the position, you can contact the recruitment & search advisors: Birgitte de Keijzer or Marcel ten Berge. For questions regarding the procedure, you can contact Olivia Lindner or Helga van Leeuwen, executive searchers. All the above can be reached via the phone number (+3188) 0086800.
We are very curious about your application and motivation to work at the University of Twente!
To apply, click on the application button and follow the steps as indicated. During the process, you will be asked for your e-mail address, personal data, CV and a letter of motivation (in English). An assessment is part of the procedure, references will be collected and a pre-employment / integrity investigation will be conducted.
We would like to receive your response by 21 October 2019 at the latest. Due to the careful search for the very best candidate, there is a long response period. However, we do kindly request you to respond as quickly as possible via the application button.
Over de organisatie
Leeuwendaal begrijpt wat mensen nodig hebben om tot volle bloei te komen in hun werk. En we begrijpen wat organisaties nodig hebben om hun maatschappelijke opdracht te vervullen. De werkende mens fascineert ons. Vanuit die fascinatie ontwikkelen we de beste oplossingen op het vlak van personeel en organisatie. En we ontwikkelen niet alleen, maar we zorgen er vooral ook voor dat die oplossingen werken in de praktijk.meer over Leeuwendaal
Oude Middenweg 11
2491 AC Den Haag
- 30+ d geleden
Beleidsadviseur Economische Zaken (28 - 32 uur)
- 25 d geleden
- 18 d geleden
Werk en Inkomen Lekstroom
- 12 d geleden